Monday, September 12, 2011

On your mark... get set....

Today starts my official training for the half-marathon!

It is nice to have an actual plan to follow, rather than running several times a week with no real purpose or distance. Although I am proud to say that last Monday we did run further than I ever had before in my life - 4.51 miles (yes, that .01 is necessary and needs to be counted). I have changed my original training plan based on what I feel will work best for me (and our schedule) and will be using Hal Higdon's novice training schedule instead of the one I picked out before I even started running. Here is the link to my training: http://www.halhigdon.com/halfmarathon/novice.htm . I hope to follow it very closely, but will be changing the long run days to Saturday instead of Sunday.

I'm still doing great on the fundraising front with $1360 raised. Thank you!! If you would like to donate to St. Jude in Leah's honor here is my link: http://www.mystjudeheroes.org/LeahsHope

Not a whole lot of other progress to report on - I've been making the training pretty easy on myself by sticking with flat terrain, but that might change this weekend as I've got a trip to Blacksburg planned to visit Lauren. My plan for today: 3 miles. Total goal for the week: 10 miles. Hello, Monday!

Weeks until marathon: 12!

No comments:

Post a Comment